The BDA has 13 Branches geographically spread across the UK who act as the regional representatives of the BDA. Branches support members at a local level by providing excellent CPD and networking events, alongside a local focus for BDA activity and communication.
Purpose of our Branches:
- Provide local opportunities for networking with a variety of members from different disciplines and organisations
- Provide excellent CPD opportunities in the form of topical events/seminars and workshops.
- Provide educational updates or discussion forums on non-specialist clinical/professional issues of general interest;
- Promote the role of the BDA in the region, encouraging non-members especially students to join the BDA membership community.
- Facilitate cross-departmental collaboration on local/regional projects;
- Provide two-way communication between the BDA and members within that region;
- Provide a link with regional Specialist Groups and/or subgroups.
Which BDA Branch can I be part of?
All BDA members have been automatically allocated to a local branch via their home address. Members can view and/or change their chosen Branch within My BDA, relating to your home or work address.
Upcoming Branch Events
Upcoming Branch events are listed in the BDA Events Calendar.
Branches offer excellent volunteer opportunities. Why not help your Branch run excellent events, or become a social media volunteer to help promote your Branch's activities? Go along to their next event and speak to the committee to see whether they have any vacancies available, or register your interest for future vacancies. The BDA will also promote any known Branch vacancies in our regular ezines. You can also check out individual Branch web pages for any latest vacancies